Everything is Cockles and Nothing Hurts - Cockles Rec List
Ladies and gentlemen, hunters, demons, angels or whatever the heck you are - please welcome my Cockles rec list!
Hope you’ll enjoy all of the fics as much as I do, because
EVERYTHING IS COCKLES AND NOTHING HURTS!
Warning: almost all these fics are non-AU.
♥ - my absolutely favourites
- ♥ Ad-Libbed - NC-17 - The thing about Misha? Misha ad-libs.
- ♥ Ice Ice Baby - NC-17 - “There’s nothing to protect your virtue now,” he goaded, getting into this odd sort of banter that always bubbled up between them, because apparently his coworker’s weirdness was contagious.
“You haven’t won the keys to my chastity belt yet,” Misha pointed out.
- ♥ Orizuru - NC-17 - No matter how insignificant the question, Jensen has always craved answers. The origami birds scattered in his path are no exception - each accompanying message more obscure and more pointed than the last.
- Crazy Love - NC-17 - Jensen is singing, Misha finds it ridiculously hot.
- ♥ Hey, handsome - NC-17 - Jensen is in denial, Misha has a plan, lots of sex ensues
- Complicated thought process - NC-17 - When he joined the cast of Supernatural, Misha had no idea what he would find on set. In which Misha maybe takes what fan girls say a little to seriously, Jared is awesome and Jensen is Jensen.
- Showtime - NC-17 - Showtime has bought Supernatural and wants to push the Dean/Castiel relationship to gain viewers. When Jensen and Misha have to film their first kissing/hookup (not sex) scene together, it’s the first time they’ve ever touched each other like that — even though they’ve both thought about it — and things get out of hand
- Cosmic Attraction - NC-17 - Things come to a head, literally, at the Jus in Bello Con.
- Add A Hundred More - NC-17 - The first time Jensen Ackles kisses Misha Collins, it’s a mistake…
- Blame It On The Weather (Jensen/Misha, Jensen/Misha/Jared) - NC-17 - Arriving home unexpectedly, Jared gets a surprise.
- It Was Always You - AU - NC-17 - It’s Jensen’s birthday and he’s not going to really make a big deal out of it, but he cannot believe Misha forgot - High School AU
- Six - PG - Misha and Jensen gets outed on a convention.
- ♥ Reconciling Hollywood - NC-17 - Misha has always prided himself on his mastery of the first impression - both giving and receiving. After all, people are easy enough to read if examined through the appropriate lens. For the last two years he’s stuck to his guns and his assumption that Jensen is just a good guy who made a dick mistake back when he thought Misha was disposable. Pushed him up against a trailer door and took because he could. But now, with Jared overseas with his new bride, Jensen around more than ever, and a decision weighing heavy on his conscience, Misha realizes that truly knowing Jensen might be nearly as impossible as knowing himself.
- It’s In The Script - PG - Jensen doesn’t have a problem with the awkward part. They’re all awkward about this, but there was never any doubt, when it came up in scripting, that it was the way to go. Look at Kurt and Blaine on Glee. This is how you get press.
- Honey, I’m Home! - NC-17 - Misha had barely got in the door when he found himself slammed up against it harshly, the door handle digging in to the small of his back.
- Conflict of Interest - PG - Jensen’s new nanny is cute and weird and taken. He tries not to pine and fails miserably.
- Say You’re Mine - NC-17 - Misha is a possessive mofo and Jensen is oblivious as hell.
- ♥ Worse Than Being Blind - NC-17 - To cope with the directing on the set of Stonehenge Apocalypse, Misha and his new best friend Hill, spend their nights drinking and trying to forget the fact that they’re on a ridiculous scifi B-Movie. It helps when the director yells that they should all have more intensity in the morning. And then, one night, Torri invites herself to their nightly drinking and Misha does not know that this has bad life plan written all over it because Torri can drink everyone under the table. Now Misha has to deal with an earnest and freaked out Jensen who flies to the set because he wants to talk about “the message” (complete with air quotes) that Misha left on his cell phone.
- The Academy of Absent Fathers - AU - NC-17 - As one of the premiere boarding schools on the east coast, Ellis Academy plays host to the preeminent financiers, businessmen, and politicians of tomorrow. The very dirt stinks of privilege and as a long-time foster child, Misha Collins has no idea how he ended up here. To make matters worse, he’s stuck rooming with the equivalent of Ellis royalty. Jensen Ackles is a lifer - captain of the lacrosse team, do-gooder and textbook overachiever. And they hate each other. Mostly. But as they move from hate to something more, secrets from their unknown yet inextricably linked pasts threaten to destroy everything they’ve built. And the worst part? They have no idea what’s coming…
- #ILoveMishaCollins - PG-13? - Misha and Jensen learns about tumblr and then that stupid ‘hate Misha Collins’ thing that happened about a month back. It upset me so I had to write something not-sad about it.
- ♥ Despicable Misha - AU - NC-17 - In a world where super-villains have to compete against each other each day to gain the respect of the Evil League of Evil and the support of the Bank of Evil, Mischievous Misha struggles with both, plus a distinctive lack of new ideas for heists. He’s been in the business for quite some time, and though his minions and his best friend Jared keep him busy just fine, it’s only when Jensen moves into the house next to Misha’s that he becomes aware there’s something more to life than being evil. What he doesn’t know is that Jensen is a villain like himself, just younger and an up and coming one, and only moved here to put Misha out of the way.
- Of Love and Other Political Affairs - AU - NC-17 - U.S. Senator Misha Collins is knee deep in campaigning to be the next President of the United States when he gets a new personal assistant named Jensen Ackles, who quickly turns the entire campaign on its head.
- Angeles - PG-13 - Jensen finds Misha acting odd… odder than usual, and becomes rather intrigued.
- Season’s Change - PG-13 - Jensen and Misha are surprised when the dynamic of their relationship changes. Though they’re the only ones.
- Slipping - NC-17 - After filming a certain scene in “Lucifer Rising,” Jensen has to take care of something.
- Code Purple - AU - R - Movie star and model Misha Collins hasn’t been home in over fifteen years. However, with his youngest sister getting married, he finds himself travelling back there to face everything and everyone he ran away from to try and overcome all those things that caused him so much pain. There’s only one problem; MTV are following him for a fly on the wall documentary. What could possibly go wrong?
- Misha Baby - R - Locking eyes with him, a sly smirk spread across Misha’s face. Jensen knitted his brows, confused, “What?” “Wanna sit on Santa’s lap?” Misha wiggled his eyebrows.
- Under His Skin - AU - NC-17 - Jensen wasn’t really looking to change his life. He liked his life fine, liked his home and his friends and his hobbies and didn’t really feel like he was missing anything. But one look at Professor Misha Collins from across the quad and he decided that didn’t mean there wasn’t room for something new. College!AU